Rubicon Pharmacies is looking for a Floater Staff Pharmacist to join their team in Alberta. We currently operate the majority of our stores in rural areas around Edmonton and Calgary. The successful candidate will be able to work shifts at any of our locations as needed. The candidate may be able to work up to 40 hours per week. Reporting to the Pharmacy Manager in each location, the Floater Pharmacist is responsible for ensuring professional dispensing and pharmacy practices while maintaining high levels of customer service.
We offer competitive employment packages, including benefits & pension. Rubicon strongly supports internal movement across and upward in our growing network. We believe in helping you achieve your career goals, while maintaining a healthy work-life balance.
Rubicon is a growing company with over 100 locations throughout British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba. Rubicon operates its stores within the Pharmasave, PharmaChoice, Value Drug Mart, Remedy’s RX and IDA franchise systems. Rubicon provides our teams with an extensive support network, and a variety of clinical programs, best-practices, and tools to succeed. Investing in innovations such as central-fill models and automated dispensing technology, allows local pharmacy teams more opportunity to focus on providing personalized, patient-centered care, while building adherence. Rubicon has embraced practice innovations and will continue developing programs and services to support our local pharmacy teams.
OBJECTIVE: Ensure professional dispensing and pharmacy practices. Assume store supervision in the absence of management.
All dispensing functions performed by the pharmacist must be carried out in accordance with provincial regulations and standards of practice.
- Receive written, verbal and refill prescription orders, ensuring legality of such orders.
- Determine the drug, strength and dosage to be dispensed.
- Consult and maintain the patient’s prescription profile, as required by provincial regulations,
ensuring that no interactions will occur.
- Supervise and personally check where necessary, all dispensing duties carried out by a
- Personally, check the original container, prescription container contents and prescription label.
- Ensure proper recording of prescriptions, including narcotic, controlled drugs and poison records.
- Courteously advise the patient regarding directions, storage and precautions required. Provide
additional counselling as required.
- Offer information and recommendations regarding OTC’s and non-prescription products.
Rubicon Pharmacies is committed to the advancement of the profession of pharmacy. It is our expectation that all of our pharmacists assist in and promote the professional development of the profession of pharmacy through offering medication reviews, and individualized clinical interventions, such as smoking cessation and diabetes management.
- Ensure that the pharmacy area is kept clean, neat and organized.
- Ensure proper operation of the pharmacy computer software.
- Carry out all third-party billing procedures.
- Develop relationships with community doctors.
In the absence of the Store Manager/ Pharmacy Manager or Pharmacist:
- Ensure proper store opening and store closing procedures.
- Ensure proper cash control procedures including correct storage of cash drawers and floats. Handle bank deposits, including night deposits, as required.
- Ensure correct cash handling and till procedures by cashiers.
- Authorize cheques, returns, paid-outs and customer complaints, as per store policy.
QUALIFICATIONS AND PERSONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Licensed to practice as a pharmacist in Alberta.
- Retail pharmacy dispensing experience preferred.
- Participate on an on-going basis in continuing education programs for professional development.
- Professional image including pharmacy uniform, name tag and proper grooming.
- Professional attitude and ability to communicate well with customers, co-workers and suppliers.