Practice Based Research
The vital role of pharmacist care has been shown time and time again. We know that pharmacists improve the health of Albertans every single day. As any good clinician would ask- what does the literature say?
Research articles on this webpage have not been critically evaluated for quality. The research listed is open-access only, therefore is not representative of all pharmacy research. Questions? Contact email@example.com.
Pharmacy Practice Research
Pharmacist-led care improves health outcomes!
- “It Made a Difference to Me”: A Comparative Case Study of Community Pharmacists’ Care Planning Services in Primary Health Care
- Pharmacist impact on health outcomes in a homeless population
- Perceptions of pharmacists’ roles in the era of expanding scopes of practice
- Positioning pharmacists’ roles in primary health care: a discourse analysis of the compensation plan in Alberta, Canada
- Gross profits of Canadian pharmacies: A changing policy regime
- Role of Canadian pharmacists in managing drug shortage concerns amid the COVID-19 pandemic
- On the frontline against COVID-19: Community pharmacists’ contribution during a public health crisis
Disease State Research
Pharmacists effectively manage acute and chronic conditions!
- Randomized Trial of the Effect of Pharmacist Prescribing on Improving Blood Pressure in the Community: The Alberta Clinical Trial in Optimizing Hypertension (RxACTION)
- Cost-effectiveness of pharmacist care for managing hypertension in Canada
- A Cluster-Randomized Trial of Blood-Pressure Reduction in Black Barbershops
- The Effectiveness of Pharmacist Interventions on Cardiovascular Risk: The Multicenter Randomized Controlled RxEACH Trial
- Pharmacist prescribing and care improves cardiovascular risk, but what do patients think? A substudy of the RxEACH study
- The role of the clinical pharmacist in the care of patients with cardiovascular disease
- Pharmacist prescribing and care improves cardiovascular risk, but is it cost-effective? A cost-effectiveness analysis of the RxEACH study
- Population health model for pharmacist assessment and independent prescribing of statins in an ambulatory care setting
- A pharmacist-led pilot using a performance dashboard to improve psychotropic medication use in a skilled nursing facility
- Outcomes of Urinary Tract Infection Management by Pharmacists (RxOUTMAP): A study of pharmacist prescribing and care in patients with uncomplicated urinary tract infections in the community
- Pharmacists and vaccination in pregnancy
- Effect of a Pharmacist-Led Educational Intervention on Inappropriate Medication Prescriptions in Older Adults
- Pharmacist-led antimicrobial stewardship program in an urgent care setting
- Clinical pharmacist led hospital-wide direct oral anticoagulant stewardship program
- Clinical pharmacy practice in the care of Chronic Kidney Disease patients: a systematic review