Regional Staff Pharmacist
Prairie Mountain Health, Manitoba
Prairie Mountain Health is hiring Regional Staff Pharmacists!
Full-Time (Permanent) – Swan River
Full-Time (Term) – Brandon
Part-Time 0.70 EFt (Permanent) – Neepawa
The Staff Pharmacist, reporting to the Director/Manager/Supervisor of Pharmacy in the applicable site, is directly responsible for assistance in the provision of direct Pharmacy services to assigned sites. The pharmacist also participates in the planning, implementation, coordination and evaluation of Pharmacy Services both site specific and regionally, and in consultation with the regional pharmacy team. The pharmacist functions as an integral member of the multidisciplinary health care team and performs all duties in accordance with the Mission, Vision, Values, policies and procedures of Prairie Mountain Health.
The staff pharmacist is responsible for activities and duties within the scope of practice identified by the College of Pharmacists of Manitoba and PMH policies and procedures.
- Drug Distribution: Distribution of medications including non-sterile and sterile compounding within a variety of drug distribution models (including but not limited to ward stock, unit dose, blister packing and automated dispensing cabinets).
- Medication Order Review: Triaging orders to verify authenticity, completeness and appropriateness with respect to dosage, route, frequency, incompatibilities, interactions, duplications, allergies, formulary compliance, automatic therapeutic substitution and automatic stop.
- Professional Practice: Provide drug information for patients and health care professionals, educational programs, drug utilization reviews and literature evaluation.
- Clinical Pharmacy Services: Monitor the clinical status and drug therapies of patients to determine appropriate clinical drug interventions for identified or anticipated medication related problems. Counsel patients on medication usage, participates in unit conferences and family conferences as required.
- Participate in education programs for external associations and programs.
- Supervise and provide direction to pharmacy assistants, students and interns and verifies the accuracy of tasks performed by them.
- Oversee the distribution and management of controlled drugs and substances.
- Participate in study protocols as required.
- Collaborate with the Director of Pharmacy/Manager of Pharmacy in formulating, implementing and revising policies, procedures, manuals and documents relating to the operation of Pharmacy Services.
- Perform special projects concerning pharmacy operations and regional initiatives in collaboration with the Director/Manager of Pharmacy Services.
- Expanded scope of practice activities as required and supported by PMH policy.
- Sundry duties as assigned.
* Eligible for and maintains licensure as a pharmacist in the Province of Manitoba
* Previous experience in a hospital pharmacy practice/health care setting is preferred
* Province of Manitoba Class 5 Drivers License, and access to a personal vehicle to provide service within Prairie Mountain Health
* Demonstrated leadership
* Demonstrated written and oral communication skills
* Ability to prioritize in a changing environment
* Strong organizational, decision making and problem solving skills
* Ability to display independent judgment
* Ability to respect and promote a culturally diverse population
* Ability to respect and promote confidentiality
* Ability to perform the duties of the position on a regular basis
Benefits package and pension available!
HR Posting Numbers:
Join the team! Apply online at Careers (pmh-mb.ca)