|Address||15 1st Ave NW
McLennan AB T0H2L0
An exciting opportunity awaits you in the beautiful Peace Country and Bird Capital of Canada!
Are you creative? Looking to step outside the normal pharmacy duties and hectic schedule? This location is focusing on working outside the box with innovative new ideas to help the communities it serves. Opportunity for ownership or profit sharing.
The Pharmacy Manager is accountable for maintaining the highest level of professionalism in customer service standards, through consistent and thorough patient care. This position will be responsible for fostering a workplace commitment to the building of client relationships resulting in repeat business clientele and sustaining profitable growth for the unit. The Pharmacy manager will be responsible for the accuracy, efficiency and integrity of company policy and legislative regulations in the pharmacy unit. The Pharmacy Manager monitors and maintains compliance with department policies and procedures. He/she reviews policies and procedures annually and revises as necessary. The Pharmacy Manager maintains appropriate staffing levels and monitors overtime to support corporate and departmental budgets. He/she integrates a focus on ensuring patient safety when designing and implementing new processes. The Pharmacy Manager supervises the Pharmacy Assistant in all activities of the pharmacy distribution system. He/she develops and implements quality assurance (QA) programs and process improvement (PI), plans for the distribution of pharmacy products and services while overseeing the purchasing, receiving and distributing of all pharmaceuticals and other non-medication related products.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance to all legal and provincial pharmaceutical requirements as well as company operating and human resource policies.
- Continuous professional development to remain current on latest advances in pharmacy industry.
- Responsible for establishment and maintenance of effective communication and direction with pharmacy staff on a daily basis.
- Knowledge and maintenance of all company marketing programs and strategies and support of pharmacy business plans and objectives.
- Select and assign staff, ensuring equal employment opportunity in hiring and promotion.
- Coordinate activities by scheduling work assignments, setting priorities, and directing the work of subordinate employees.
- Evaluate and verify employee performance through the review of completed work assignments and work techniques.
- Identify staff development and training needs and ensures that training is obtained.
- Ensure proper labour relations and conditions of employment are maintained.
- Maintain records, prepare reports, and compose correspondence relative to the work.
- Maintain stocks of medicines in the central pharmacy and at various supply points throughout the pharmacy.
- Serve as a member of the pharmacy committee anticipating future usage of medical supplies.
- Administer, support and represent the core corporate values of our brand.
- Maintain patient confidentiality and follow all practices consistent with the Privacy Act.
- Various personnel duties including interviewing, scheduling using Customer Service support, evaluations, training and coaching.
- Manage and control shrink and inventory.
- Manage workflow in the dispensary.
- Accept prescriptions or refill requests from Customers, Doctors or Hospitals.
- Ensure all prescriptions are filled accurately, efficiently and safely.
- Maintain file integrity (i.e. patient files and narcotics register).
- Disposal of medications in a manner consistent with legal and professional obligations.
- Advise on the administration, usage and effects of the medication.
- Maintain medication profiles of customers.
- Ensure proper storage of pharmaceutical products.
- Generate and interpret weekly and monthly reports from the Pharmacy dispensing system.
- Review records and reports to determine compliance with Company operational expectations.
- Operate Pharmacy computer, register equipment and other assigned tools.
- Other Duties as required.
- Bachelor of Science Degree or other applicable field.
- University degree or College diploma in business or a related field.
- Alberta College of Pharmacy Licensee Education Program
- Licensed by the relevant Provincial College of Pharmacists with a valid pharmacy license with no restrictions to practice.
- Prior experience in a Retail Pharmacy and/or pharmacy management preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of various prescriptions and over the counter medications.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Effective written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong leadership, organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Substantial attention-to-detail required.
- Creativity in merchandising in order to increase sales and profitability.
- Initiative is required to organize time, meet deadlines without instruction.
- Responsible for decisions made and actions taken.
- Ability to work 40 hours a week including weekends on a rotating schedule.
- Customer first attitude and approach.