South Country Co-op, Medicine Hat, AB
|Address||South Country Co-op
969-16th Street SW
Medicine Hat, AB
We are offering:
- Bonuses for professional services
- Pension plan with 6% matched employer contributions
- Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package
- The opportunity to work in Medicine Hat – Canada’s sunniest city!
- Relocation financial assistance (if applicable)
South Country Co-op is currently seeking a collaborative, customer focused, and interpersonal savvy individual to join our Pharmacy team as a Pharmacy Manager. This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a great team of pharmacy professionals. Reporting to the Pharmacy Division Manager, this full-time, permanent position will be based at our Northlands Pharmacy within Medicine Hat, Alberta. If you are customer focused and possess strong leadership experience, then we want to hear from you – Apply online today!
Who we are:
Co-op does business differently. As a co-operative, we believe in working together to serve Western Canadians, delivering profits back to our communities and investing in sustainable growth. At South Country Co-op, we care about our families, friends, and neighbours, as well as the communities where we live, work, and play – that’s why we are committed to supporting our community.
What you’ll do:
- Responsible for the overall operation of the Pharmacy department, including sales, gross margin and other expense control, compliance with established prescription pricing models, department standards, ordering and inventory control, human resources, customer service, administrative duties, filling patient prescriptions, consulting with patients, and hours of Pharmacy operation.
- Responsible for resolving questions, problems, or concerns that may arise with the use of authority, discretion, and professional judgment within the guidelines of Co-op policies and Provincial and Federal laws and regulations.
- Provide leadership, guidance, and mentorship to the pharmacy team, which includes the recruitment, performance management, and training of all team members.
- Monitor control parameters to maintain designated day-to-day inventory levels, ensuring compliance with the annual controlled substance inventory and oversight of the physical pharmacy inventory.
- Provide patient-focused care, including clinical services, counselling and professional advice on prescriptions and OTC products, and administering injections and immunizations.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with health care professionals in the community to ensure optimal patient care.
- Ensure all medication dispensing processes are accurate and appropriately managed while focusing on timely delivery, reporting, invoicing, ordering, and communication.
Who you are:
- You have a Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy or a Doctorate in Pharmacy from a recognized institution.
- Registered with the Alberta College of Pharmacy (or registered prior to commencement date)
- You have a minimum 5 years of pharmacy experience in a retail environment, and a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience leading technical, professional, and/or management employees.
- You’re familiar with the Kroll pharmacy system (preferred)
- You possess the following knowledge, skills and attributes:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs
- Strong leadership skills
- High level of integrity and work ethic
- Ability to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times
- High flexibility with strong interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse environment
- Ability to respond quickly in a dynamic and changing environment
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills
- Strong business acumen, including well-balanced strategic and tactical agility
- Strong leadership and coaching expertise, including strong facilitation, collaboration, influence, and relationship management skills
- Managerial courage, evidenced by a strong ability to identify and address issues quickly and directly, and provide specific and actionable feedback to others
- Demonstrate the Co-op values of excellence, community, integrity, and people in every aspect of their approach
- Availability: Days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
Our Team Members receive competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package, and an employer-contributed pension plan. We encourage our Team Members to take advantage of learning opportunities, grow and develop, and foster a culture of teamwork and innovation.
To learn more about Medicine Hat and Canada’s sunniest city, visit our Tourism page: https://www.tourismmedicinehat.com/
If this opportunity speaks to you and you believe you would be a good fit for this role, please apply now! We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected to continue in the recruitment process will be contacted.
*Please note that you may be required to undergo pre-employment substance testing in accordance with South Country Co-op Policies.
If you are interested in applying for this position, apply on our South Country Co-op Careers page https://tinyurl.com/CareersAtCoop . For more information, contact Human Resources Careers@sccoop.ca.