Neighbourly Pharmacy Inc., Inuvik, NWT
Neighbourly Pharmacy, Canada’s largest and fastest growing network of community pharmacies is now accepting applications for a Pharmacist to join the established pharmacy team in Inuvik, Northwest Territories. Neighbourly Pharmacy is proud to offer you employee stock ownership plan, RRSP matching, living allowance, relocation support, retention bonus and so much more!
Inuvik, Land of the Midnight Sun is located 2 degrees above the Arctic Circle on the scenic Mackenzie River and Delta. Inuvik is rich in diversity and culture and offers year round adventure and majestic scenery. Inuvik is perfect for an outdoor enthusiast!
The Pharmacist is responsible for providing safe, effective, and appropriate drug therapy and actively contributes to an environment of employee and customer engagement. The Pharmacist will play a key role in achieving departmental excellence in the areas of patient focused care, customer service and workflow efficiencies.
Patient Focused Care Responsibilities:
- Focus on clinical services (i.e., medication reviews, disease state management)
- Initiate care plans, follow up and document
- Determine appropriateness of drug therapy
- Monitor medication adherence
- Collect and document relevant patient, drug, and disease information
- Recommend OTC products and vitamins
- Answer questions from patients that require therapeutic knowledge, clinical analysis, or assessment
- Supervise a pharmacy student or a provisional pharmacist in the performance of restricted activities
- Other duties as required
- Above average verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Self-directed and able to work independently
- Ability to work well in a team environment
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy from a recognized institution
- Licensed with the Northwest Territories Regulatory Authority
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
Neighbourly Pharmacy is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to deliver accessibility and equality to all job applicants, staff, and our customers. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.