Our independent community pharmacy clinic located in Spruce Grove is seeking a Part-Time Pharmacist (possibly leading to full time in September 2021). We are seeking someone who can work independently, and as a team in a multidisciplinary environment. Must be organized, have excellent communication skills (both written and verbal).
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Prepares medications by reviewing and interpreting physician orders; detecting therapeutic incompatibilities
• Dispenses medications by compounding, packaging, and labeling pharmaceuticals.
• Controls medications by monitoring drug therapies; advising interventions.
• Completes pharmacy operational requirements by organizing and directing technicians’ work flow; verifying their preparation and labeling of pharmaceuticals; verifying order entries, charges, and inspections.
• Provides pharmacological information by answering questions and requests of health care professionals; counseling patients on drug therapies.
• Develops staff’s pharmacological knowledge by participating in clinical programs; training pharmacy staff, students, interns, externs, residents, and health care professionals.
• Complies drug laws as regulated by the Alberta College of Pharmacists; maintaining records for controlled substances; removing outdated and damaged drugs from the pharmacy inventory; supervising the work results of support personnel; maintaining current registration; studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation; advising management on needed actions.
• Protects patients and technicians by adhering to infection-control protocols.
• Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
• Maintains pharmacological knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Fluent in English
• Excellent work ethic and the ability to work in a fast paced environment
• The ability to provide exceptional customer service is a must
• Ability to Analyze information, administer medication
• Sound judgement and excellent communication skills
• License to Practice in Alberta and must be in good standing with the Alberta College of Pharmacists