Mint is currently seeking a full-time Pharmacist who wishes to utilize their expanded scope of practice and work as part of a larger interdisciplinary team to help the most vulnerable in Edmonton.
This position will appeal to you if you are a pharmacist who is seeking a fulfilling career within a specialized practice setting that prioritizes a positive workplace culture and a strong team dynamic where staff members are constantly growing through teaching and learning from each other.
A successful candidate will assist in the safe and efficient dispensing of medications for the marginalized sector, provide health supports through the provision of clinical services, and will be required to work weekends.
Hours of Operation (subject to change)
Monday – Friday 8AM – 6PM
Saturday – Sunday 9AM – 4PM
Immediate availability is required.
The successful candidate will be responsible for preparing prescriptions, manage patient interactions and perform clinical consults at the store level, through remote services (phone/telehealth), and on an outreach basis.
The successful candidates will hold the following credentials:
Education and Experience:
- Registered pharmacist in good standing with the Alberta College of Pharmacists
- Demonstrated experience with vulnerable populations
- Authority to administer medications for opioid dependency and chronic pain, including Methadone, Suboxone, Kadian and other opioids
Qualifications and Skills:
- Computer proficiency with Word, Excel spreadsheets, Kroll, Netcare, and other database programs.
- Very strong interpersonal, communication and customer service skills.
- Assists patients with questions.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Communicates effectively at all levels.
- Very strong attention to detail.
- Accepts and responds to changing priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team
- APA certification preferred
- Injection certified a must
- Desire to work with inner-city populations (addictions/ mental health) and or/ experience is an asset