Renowned for forward thinking pharmacy practices, patient care, community involvement, and innovative programs, Mint Health + Drugs is poised for great growth. It is the perfect time to join an award winning team and be part of the Mint family!
Mint Health + Drugs is seeking an individual that is passionate in joining our team as a pharmacist based out of Edmonton, yet focused on providing pharmacy and project coverage, across all of our locations, in the ten different communities we are in. It is estimated that the candidate may spend 50% of the time in urban settings (eg. Edmonton/Calgary), and 50% of the time supporting our rural communities. There is also openness to exploring versatile scheduling arrangements (eg. 2 weeks on/2 weeks off, alternating weeks off, etc). The candidate may have the opportunity to be trained across a wide range of specialties/patient panels within Mint, from vulnerable populations, persons with developmental disabilities, geriatrics, HIV care, diabetes care to project focused work. The majority of shifts will be at our community pharmacy locations. However, there exists the possibility of being involved in outreach initiatives, technology pilot projects or dedicated clinical roles.
Opportunities will exist in the future to internally apply for positions at any of our Mint Health + Drugs locations. This position is a great foot in the door, to have a wide breadth of experience with Mint locations and specialty projects. There is a strong track of growth for pharmacists that join our organization, including eventual assistant management, management, project lead, and ownership potential.
Individuals applying should be able to demonstrate:
- Comfortability in practicing full scope
- Ability to work within the clinical pharmacy services framework
- Willingness to work towards a successful APA application
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- A balance of work quality with efficiency
- Strong communication skills
- Strong ability to use various software platforms simultaneously (eg. G-Suites, Kroll)
- Versatility to travel
Experience, Skills & Qualifications:
- BSc. Pharm or Pharm.D, Injection Certification
- Minimum 2 years of experience with the pharmacy services framework
- Experience with Kroll would be an asset
- Experience with Google Sheets/Docs would be an asset
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Pharmacy workflow to support patient care services
- Clinical pharmacy services for patients
- Active utilization of scope
- Possible involvement in Mint projects
- Possible dedicated clinical work for chronic care streams (eg. Diabetes, Addictions, Mental Health, Cardiovascular, etc)
- COVID vaccination, Flu vaccination