Neighbourly Pharmacy Inc., Hythe, AB
Neighbourly Pharmacy, Canada’s largest and fastest growing network of community pharmacies is now accepting applications for a Pharmacy Manager to join the team at the Sandstone Guardian Pharmacy in Hythe, Alberta.
Neighbourly Pharmacy is proud to offer you employee stock ownership plan, RRSP matching, above average compensation, relocation support and so much more!
The Pharmacy Manager is responsible for the management of the pharmacy while maintaining a high level of professionalism through consistent and thorough patient care. Supervise and provide direction to staff and take accountability of the financial and operational success of the pharmacy.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ability to lead, coach, and motivate staff
- Possess entrepreneurial skills with a passion to build the business
- Oversee day-to-day operations of the pharmacy and ensuring that staff pharmacists are properly supported in their cognitive and patient care functions
- Ensures compliance with federal, provincial, and local laws and regulations, policies and
procedures and accrediting body standards
- Continuous professional development to remain current on latest advances in pharmacy industry
- Providing professional and clinical functions related to dispensing including pharmaceutical and
clinical care, patient counseling, liaising with other healthcare professionals to provide the best
possible patient care
- Facilitate regular team meetings to communicate and implement new/existing policy and
- Perform performance assessments (probationary, annually)
- Provide training and support the pharmacy team members in their professional growth and
- Manage the internal recruitment and selection process
- Responsible for the training and orientation of new employees
- Ensure proper labour relations and conditions of employment are maintained
- Proactively identifies and solves staffing, dispensing, delivery, and reimbursement issues
- Ability to work collaboratively with the front store team to identify patient care opportunities
- Perform patient focused services as deemed eligible and appropriate for the patients
- Oversees all aspects of the operations (order entry, customer service, dispensing, compounding,
inventory management, invoicing, deliveries, etc.)
- Actively seeks out new and innovative ways to improve processes
- Manage P&L statements and attain target metrics (including but not limited to labour, inventory and expense control
Qualifications and Skills:
- Licensed and in good standing with Alberta College of Pharmacy
- Minimum 1 year of prior experience as a Pharmacy Manager is preferred
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a retail Pharmacist is preferred
- Excellent customer service skills and a strong sense of professionalism
- Above average verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Self-directed and able to work independently
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Additional Prescribing Authorization is an asset
- Licensed to Administer Medications by Injection is a must
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
Neighbourly Pharmacy is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to deliver accessibility and equality to all job applicants, staff, and our customers. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.