To manage the overall operations of the Pharmacy, including providing consultation to both customers and health care providers, practice to full scope in providing professional services, dispensing medication, and assisting in the maintenance of the dispensary.
The Pharmacy Manager is a key role within our organization. You are the primary point of contact for patients and thus must maintain a high degree of professionalism and attention to detail. You will be critical in helping to grow the business and implement new pharmacy services.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIIES
- Supervise and provide guidance and direction to staff
- Responsible for hiring and managing the performance of staff
- Accountable for the financial and operational success of the pharmacy
- Collaboration with pharmacy assistant to accurately dispense prescription medications,
- Prepare, dispense, and control medications accurately and timely to patients
- Ensure prescription and over-the-counter medications inventory levels are adequate to meet patients’ needs
- Counsel of patients in regard to new and additional medications in a friendly, positive and pro-active interaction
- Create awareness and educate customers through public relations (public health days, clinics, etc.)
- Provide timely and positive resolution to patient’s needs and Doctor’s requests/issues
- Obtain and review budgeted sales and net contribution
- Identify and report sales opportunities
- Review and control costs at all levels within the pharmacy
- Health management consulting, participating in Meds-Checks, extending chronic medication prescriptions for patients that do not have refills and qualify under OCP for extension under the pharmacist
- Ability to be flexible and work to meet business needs
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy (BScPharm) or Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD)
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a licensed Pharmacist in Canada(Alberta)
- Pharmacy management experience a definite asset
- Strong personal computing skills, as well as knowledge of KROLL Pharmacy Computer a must
- Strong verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Strong people management skills and the ability to motivate and coach others
- Excellent customer service skills and a strong sense of professionalism
- Proven ability to build the business using community-based marketing strategies
- Strong problem-solving skills including the experience formulating and executing action plans
- New grads welcome to apply!
If you want to join a fast-paced environment with a great team and believe you can have an immediate impact, then we want to hear from you!
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Community Pharmacy: 2 year (Required)
- Alberta College of Pharmacy (Required)