North Central Co-op, Stony Plain
The North Central Co-op is hiring a Pharmacy Manager on a permanent basis, located at our Stony Plain Co-op Pharmacy in Stony Plain, AB.
Are you a community-driven and patient-focused leader who is passionate about providing excellent pharmaceutical care? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you to join our team!
As a co-operative, we do business differently. We believe in working together to serve Western Canadians, delivering profits back to our communities and investing in sustainable growth. Our work is guided by our values of integrity, excellence and responsibility and driven by our vision of building sustainable communities together. We are a diversity-inclusive, progressive pharmacy that will enable you to practice pharmacy to your full scope. To learn more about who we are, visit www.northcentralco-op.crs.
What you’ll do:
At North Central Co-op Pharmacy, we have a high focus on patient care and building strong relationships within the community. As the Pharmacy Manager you will manage and oversee the operation and financial performance of the pharmacy’s dynamic environment and:
- Provide a high level of confidential pharmaceutical care, as well as value-add customer service that is consistent with the pharmacy operations standards.
- Schedule, develop, coach, train, and direct departmental personnel to ensure quality patient care standards are met consistently.
- Maintain all department assets; accurately and efficiently administer the transfer of merchandise, maintain stock levels and inventory.
- Lead a culture of safety through adherence to co-operative and legislative standards.
- Ensure ordering, receiving, and storage of merchandise is done in accordance with prescribed guidelines.
Who you’ll work with:
You will closely with a Staff Pharmacist to provide exceptional customer service to the community of Stoney Plain. The team works collaboratively to ensure each client receives the clinical support they need.
Why it matters:
Unlike traditional businesses, we’re owned by our members—the same people who use our products and services. When we are profitable, our member-owners and their community’s benefit. This unique business model sets us apart and makes us truly different.
Working at Co-op gives you the opportunity to do work that truly matters. Our commitment to our members and the community means that we strive to make a positive impact every day. We believe that our success should be shared, and we work hard to create value for our communities.
Who you are:
You are a dedicated patient-focused Pharmacist looking to grow your career and:
- Have a Bachelor of Pharmacy Degree or a Doctorate in Pharmacy and in good standing with the Alberta College of Pharmacy and be qualified to hold a pharmacy license.
- Are APA Certified or working towards certification.
- Ideally have a Canadian Diabetes Educator Certificate. This is considered an asset.
- Ideally have Asthma Action Plan experience. This is considered an asset.
- Have excellent interpersonal, communication, and leadership skills.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary including short-term incentives.
- A comprehensive benefits package including an employer-contributed pension plan.
- Licensure and continued education reimbursement.
- Opportunities for career growth and development.
- Wellness support resources and Perkopolis membership.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations throughout the recruitment process to ensure an enjoyable candidate experience. If you require an accommodation during the recruitment process, we invite you to submit your requests to us via email@example.com. All information received will be kept confidential.
If you are interested in joining a team of dedicated healthcare professionals and making a difference in the lives of patients, we encourage you to apply for this opportunity.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those selected to continue in the recruitment process will be contacted.
FCL embraces diversity and inclusion. We’re working to create a workforce that is as diverse as the communities we serve and an environment where every team member brings their whole self to work. We believe all candidates should feel at home with us and be given the opportunity to fully participate during the recruitment process.