We invite applications for a Pharmacy Manager to join our team.
Reporting to the Director, Operations , the Pharmacy Manager is responsible for overseeing the day to day operations of the Pharmacy by supporting and creating organizational effectiveness providing leadership within their operational functions. As a member of the Senior Management team, this position also contributes to the development & implementation of organizational strategies, policies & practices.
Key Responsibilities in this role include:
- To prepare, administer and be responsible for the sales, margin, expenses, inventory of the Pharmacy.
- To ensure all staff adhere to established laws, regulations, including Health information Act, Pharmacy and Drug Act, Health Professions Act, staff appearance, housekeeping, health & safety and loss prevention.
- To actively make marketing efforts, adhere to advertising standards, and contribute input to Division marketing plans.
- To ensure outstanding level of service is provided in the provision of Pharmaceutical Care.
- To ensure all facilities and equipment meet the image checklist, management of assets and maintenance schedule.
- To follow proper recruitment and orientation practices and ensure the administration of human resources policies to develop positive relationships with all employees.
- To have ongoing meaningful conversations with employees to provide performance feedback and complete performance reviews.
- To take initiative for ongoing self-development.
- To give input into the Team member training needs analysis and ensure yearly training plan is followed.
- Other duties related to the position.
- Post-secondary – Bachelor of Science, Pharmacy and Class A Pharmacists license in good standing with the Alberta College of Pharmacists.
- Relevant experience is an asset.
- The ability to control operation costs, maximize efficiency and improve sales and growth margin.
- A team player with the ability to coach team members to enhance performance.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong interpersonal skills and the ability to resolve employee and customer issues.
- Excellent decision-making skills, including the experience formulating and executing action plans.
- Ability to handle multiple demands is required – adaptable, organized, creative, efficient and committed
- Willingness to work extended hours when required.
Pharmasave Delburne is proud to offer a supportive working environment based on our Brand Values of Excellence, Integrity and Responsibility. We are pleased to offer a competitive salary, the opportunity for advancement and personal growth and benefits, depending on employment status.
We appreciate your interest. However, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.