We are looking for an efficient Progressive Pharmacy Manager to ensure smooth daily operations at our pharmacy and willing to take ownership of the managerial tasks. In this role, your duties will include managing prescriptions, controlling the pharmacy’s inventory, and executing supply and shipment orders. You will also be required to oversee pharmacy personnel.
To ensure success as a Pharmacy Manager, you should demonstrate experience in managing a pharmacy and compliance with best pharmacy practices. Pharmacy Managers are qualified pharmacists with a customer-oriented approach.
– Preparing drugs and executing prescription orders for Pick Up or delivery.
– Ordering pharmacy supplies and controlling the inventory on a daily basis.
– Enforcing best practice protocols when storing prescription drugs and controlled substances.
– Verifying prescription details with the healthcare specialists who prescribed them, when required.
– Advising customers about the recommended use, dosage, and possible side-effects of medication.
– Maintaining an approved drug and controlled substances list and verifying expiry dates.
– Monitoring product displays and shelves, as well as the general appearance of the pharmacy.
– Addressing customers’ requests and complaints.
– Appointing and training new pharmacy employees and scheduling shifts.
– Managing Pharmacy staff and monitoring their performance on daily basis.
– Registered with Alberta College Of Pharmacy as a Licensed Pharmacist.
– Authorized to administer Injectable drugs as prescribed by Alberta College Of Pharmacy
– Acquired Additional Prescribing Authorities.
– Compounding Knowledge and skills is an asset but has to be willing to learn it.
– Travel Clinic Knowledge and skills is an asset but has to be willing to learn it.
– Demonstrable experience in a managerial capacity at a pharmacy.
– In-depth knowledge of the pharmacological uses and side effects of prescription drugs and controlled substances.
– Advanced knowledge of protocols regulating the safe storage of prescription drugs and controlled substances.
– Exceptional communication skills in advising customers and managing employees.
– Ability to proactively follow up any irregularities with scripts processed at the pharmacy.
– Competency in Kroll Software
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills.