- Accept new prescriptions and gather the required customer information.
- Prepare prescriptions that are new or refills
- Create and maintain computerized patient record.
- Document changes to prescriptions on authorization from the original prescriber.
- Enter prescription order into dispensing system.
- Verify that each patient receives the correct prescription.
- Ensuring that inventory is appropriately stocked and ordered as required
- Communicate clearly with patients, peers, and other health care professionals using effective and appropriate communication skills.
- Advise the pharmacist of all vital information/alerts encountered during the prescription filling process.
- Maintain confidentiality of patient information.
- Make corrections in patient records when required.
- Accept requests for refills in person and via telephone
- Maintain the cleanliness of the pharmacy counter, shelves and dispensing equipment.