Neighbourly Pharmacy Inc., Onoway, AB
Neighbourly Pharmacy, Canada’s largest and fastest growing network of community pharmacies is now accepting applications for a part time staff pharmacist to join the team in Onoway, AB. This position is a 1-year term position.
The Pharmacist is responsible for providing safe, effective, and appropriate drug therapy and actively contributes to an environment of employee and customer engagement. The Pharmacist will play a key role in achieving departmental excellence in the areas of patient focused care, customer service and workflow efficiencies.
Patient Focused Care Responsibilities:
- Focus on clinical services (i.e., medication reviews, disease state management)
- Initiate care plans, follow up and document
- Administer vaccines
- Determine appropriateness of drug therapy
- Monitor medication adherence
- Collect and document relevant patient, drug, and disease information
- Recommend OTC products and vitamins
- Answer questions from patients that require therapeutic knowledge, clinical analysis, or assessment
- Supervise a pharmacy student or a provisional pharmacist in the performance of restricted activities
- Other duties as required
- Above average verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Self-directed and able to work independently
- Ability to work well in a team environment
Education and Experience:
- Licensed and in good standing with the Alberta College of Pharmacy
- Injection certification is required
- Additional Prescribing Authorization is an asset
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
Neighbourly Pharmacy is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to deliver accessibility and equality to all job applicants, staff, and our customers. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.