The pharmacist is responsible for the day to day operations of the pharmacy that affect the people, operations, inventory and facility. The pharmacist is expected to ensure the operations of the pharmacy follow the provincial and federal pharmacy regulatory structure and corporate policies. A balance is expected between appropriate health care provision and appropriate business principles.
The pharmacist promotes a site that is patient focused, clinically oriented, collaborative, and fiscally responsible. Promotion of a safe workplace is expected that is a positive reflection of both the site and the corporate facilities as a whole.
The pharmacy hours of operation are Monday to Friday 9:00am to 6:00pm and Saturday from 9:00am to 1:00pm.
- Operate the pharmacy in compliance with all provincial and federal regulatory requirements
- Actively promote the image of the Pharmacy by encouraging a positive profile through participation and leadership in the community
- Perform the duties and expectations of a pharmacist including but not limited to clinical services, interdisciplinary services, patient focused care, medication reconciliation, patient counselling, medication monitoring, practice standards, prescription dispensing.
- Function as the pharmacy lead for all pharmacy clinical programs
- Have an interest in personal and professional development
- Have an interest in involvement and development of interdisciplinary community, area and provincial health and wellness programs
- Have an interest in involvement on area and provincial professional, regulatory, and/or advocacy organizations
- Receive, prepare and deliver Rx(medication) accurately and timely to patients
- Ensure medication and over the counter supplements inventory levels is adequate to meet patients’ needs
- Constant counsel of patients in regards to new/additional medications (with appropriate documentation)
- Provide on-going training for all new and existing Pharmacy colleagues (technicians, interns, students, IPG’s)
- Attend required and voluntary continuing education workshops as needed
- Provide friendly, positive and pro-active interaction with all internal and external customers
- Create awareness and educate customers through public relations (public health days, clinics, etc.)
- Provide timely and positive resolution to patient’s needs and Doctor’s requests/issues
- Ensure pharmacy complies with all legal requirements (Federal & Provincial) and Company’s policies and procedures
- Ensure all ethical and pharmaceutical care models are practiced
- Ensure all Health & Safety procedures are followed to provide a healthy and safe work environment for all employees
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- Vision care